Celebrating 30th Anniversary!
ASC has something to say... THANK YOU!
Over the past 30 years, our company and the scope of our services have grown to serve a national market, but we still live by the same fundamental principles of honesty and integrity. Our philosophy has always been to produce an exceptional experience for our customers: patients, surgeons and our employees. Our centers consistently have set the standard for the best care and performance in the industry, performing over 200,000 surgical procedures annually. In the course of 30 years, that’s over 5 million eyes!
- Glenn deBrueys and Lou Sheffler formed a partnership, Princeton Management Company (the precursor to American SurgiSite Centers).
- Glenn and Lou led the evolution in the development and concept of multi-user, multi-specialty ambulatory care in the same day, ambulatory setting. They played a leading role in raising the standard of performance and the delivery of safe and affordable surgical services.
- Started design and construction on our first ambulatory surgery center—Bergen Passaic—located in Fairlawn, NJ.
- Bergen Passaic Surgery Center opened its doors and performed 2,000 procedures the first year.
- Maria Tietjen joined the company and has provided clinical and operational expertise ever since.
- Essex Eye Surgery Center opened its doors in Bloomfield, NJ. During this time period, planning, building and development continued on the next centers to open.
- Opened Somerset Eye Institute in Somerset, NJ.
- Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center opens in Tom's River.
- Branched out into refractive surgery and opened New Jersey Eye Laser Center, which is celebrating its 20-year Anniversary!
- Began supporting MacKool Eye in Astoria, NY.
- Incorporated purchasing and billing services for non-managed ambulatory surgery centers into our business plan.
- Opened Albany Regional Eye, Latham, NY.
- Continued to perfect our craft and provide management and consulting services to ophthalmic centers and practices.
- Contracted to manage the already-established Eye Surgery Center of Westchester in New Rochelle, NY.
- Opened SurgiSite Boston in Waltham, MA, and began planning for a new center in PA.
- Opened Valley Eye Surgical Center in Bethlehem, PA.
- Teamed with iMedicWare and developed electronic medical records software designed specifically for the ambulatory surgery center.
- Deployed electronic medical records in all managed centers.
- Implemented and grew consulting services to include regulatory and compliance services for non-managed ambulatory surgery centers.
- We experience the loss of co-founder, Lou Sheffler.
- Breadth and scope of consulting services has increased.
- ASC involvement continues to grow including billing and purchasing services.
- EMR product continues to grow and is now used in over 23 ASC-supported centers across the country.
- ASC leadership has articles published in national ophthalmic publications. Leadership continues involvement with ASCRS, AAO, OOSS and VCNA, and are sought out by leaders in the field for their financial and clinical expertise in all aspects of ambulatory surgery center operations.
- Created websites and social media forums, streamlined business structure and processes.
- ASC launches new website. Enters into expanded partnership with Planet.Net, offering upgraded EMR support to clients.
- MUCH MORE TO COME...